Edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner.
What could be scarier than the first day of school? How about a crash course in the paranormal from Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner, editors of Home Improvement: Undead Edition.
Your worst school nightmares - taking that math test you never studied for, finding yourself naked at a school assembly, not knowing which to door enter through - will pale in comparison to these thirteen original stories that take academic anxiety to whole new realms.
In #1 New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris's story "Playing Possum," Sookie Stackhouse brings enough cupcakes for her nephew's entire class but finds she's one short when angry ex-boyfriend of the school secretary shows up.
When her guardian, Kate Daniels, sends her undercover to a school for exceptional children, teenage Julie learns an all-new definition of "exceptional," in New York Times bestselling author Ilona Andrews's "Magic Tests."
For those who like fangs with their forensics, New York Times bestselling author Nancy Holder offers "VSI," in which FBI agent Claire is tested as never before in a school for Vampire Scene Investigations.
And in New York Times bestselling author Thomas E. Sniegoski's "The Bad Hour," Remy Chandler and his dog, Marlowe, find evil unleashed in an obedience school.
You'll need more than apple to stave off the creatures in these and nine other stories. Remember your first lesson: Resistance is fruitless!
- Playing Possum by Charlaine Harris
- Spellcaster 2.0 by Jonathan Maberry
- Academy Field Trip by Donald Harstad
- Sympathyfot the Bones by Marjorie M. Liu
- Low School by Rhys Bowen
- Callie Meet Happy by Amber Benson
- Iphigenia in Aulis by Mike Carey
- Golden Delicious by Faith Hunter
- Magic Test by Ilona Andrews
- An Introduction to Jewish Myth and Mysticism by Steve Hockensmith
- VSI by Nancy Holder
- The Bad Hour by Thomas E. Sniegoski
- Pirate Dave and the Captain's Ghost by Toni L. P. Kelner