Secret Europeby Mark Valentine, John Howard
Secret Europe is an over-sized sewn hardcover book of 191 pages with endpapers, a full-colour frontispiece and a dust-jacket. Deluxe cloth boards with folio. Edition limited to 222 copies.
Collection of 25 short stories: 10 by John Howard (all original) and 15 by Mark Valentine (12 original, 3 reprint).
- Baltersan’s Third Edition - Mark Valentine
- Secret Byzantium - Mark Valentine
- The Silver Eagles - John Howard
- Silence and Fire - Mark Valentine
- The Other Salt - Mark Valentine
- The White City - John Howard
- The Baltic Circles - John Howard
- The Girl with the Violin - Mark Valentine
- The Goat-Eyed - Mark Valentine
- The Lion of Chaldea - Mark Valentine
- Westenstrand - John Howard
- The Unrest at Aachen - Mark Valentine
- Prince Aziz - Mark Valentine
- The Hunting Castle - John Howard
- The Atelier at Ia?i - Mark Valentine
- A Minor Official - Mark Valentine
- The Way of the Sun - John Howard
- Wandering Paths - John Howard
- A Lantern for Carpathia - Mark Valentine
- The High Places - John Howard
- The Fall of Ashes - Mark Valentine
- Cabaret Zoltaire - Mark Valentine
- The Waltz of Masks - John Howard
- The Second Percussionist - Mark Valentine
- A Gift for the Emperor - John Howard
Rate this book
Mark Valentine is an English author, biographer and editor.
Valentine’s short stories have been published by a number of small presses and in anthologies since the 1980s, and the exploits of his series character, "The Connoisseur", an occult detective, were published as The Collected Connoisseur in 2010.
As a biographer, Valentine has published a life of Arthur Machen in 1985 (Seren Press), and a study of Sarban, Time, A Falconer (Tartarus Press), is published in 2010. He has also written numerous articles for the Book and Magazine Collector magazine, and introductions for various books, including editions of work by Walter de la Mare, Robert Louis Stevenson, Saki, J. Meade Falkner and others.