Dangerous GamesJonathan Oliver
Edited by Jonathan Oliver.
ALL NEW ORIGINAL SHORT FICTION
In a world of chances, one decision can bring down the house, one roll of the dice could bring untold wealth, or the end of everything. Here the players gather, their stories often dark, and always compelling.
The players and the played, this new anthology from Jonathan Oliver (Magic, End of The Road, House of Fear, The End of The Line, World War Cthulhu) brings together brand new stories from an international team of talented authors, each with their own deadly game.
This collection is set to include a full house of top authors including Hugo award-winning American writer Pat Cadigan, Brit Gary McMahon, Mexican Silvia Moreno Garcia, plus Tade Thompson, Rebecca Levene and more!
- Introduction, Jonathan Oliver
- Big Man, Chuck Wendig
- The Yellow Door, Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Die, Lavie Tidhar
- Chrysalises, Benjanun Sriduangkaew
- South Mountain, Paul Kearney
- The Game Changer, Libby McGugan
- Distinguishing Characteristics, Yoon Ha Lee
- Captain Zzapp!!! – Space Hero from 3000 AD, Gary Northfield
- Death Pool, Melanie Tem
- The Bone Man’s Bride, Hillary Monahan
- Honourable Mention, Tade Thompson
- Loser, Rebecca Levene
- Two Sit Down, One Stands Up, Ivo Stourton
- Ready or Not, Gary McMahon
- The Monogamy of Wild Beasts, Robert Shearman
- The Stranger Cards, Nik Vincent
- All Things Fall Apart and Are Built Again, Helen Marshall
- Lefty Plays Bridge, Pat Cadigan
Jonathan Oliver is the much-lauded editor of four anthologies for Solaris as well as being the editor-in-chief of Solaris, Abaddon and Ravenstone. He is also the author of two novels set in the Twilight of Kerberos series, The Call of Kerberos and The Wrath of Kerberos, and a whole host of short stories that have appeared in venues such as A Town Called Pandemonium, Terror Tales of London and The British Fantasy Society Journal.