Edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey.
Famine. Death. War. Pestilence. These are the harbingers of the biblical apocalypse, of the End of the World. In science fiction, the end is triggered by less figurative means: nuclear holocaust, biological warfare/pandemic, ecological disaster, or cosmological cataclysm.
But before any catastrophe, there are people who see it coming. During, there are heroes who fight against it. And after, there are the survivors who persevere and try to rebuild.
THE APOCALYPSE TRIPTYCH will tell their stories.
Edited by acclaimed anthologist John Joseph Adams and bestselling author Hugh Howey, THE APOCALYPSE TRIPTYCH is a series of three anthologies of apocalyptic fiction. THE END IS NIGH focuses on life before the apocalypse. THE END IS NOW turns its attention to life during the apocalypse. And THE END HAS COME focuses on life after the apocalypse.
THE END IS NIGH features all-new, never-before-published works by Hugh Howey, Paolo Bacigalupi, Seanan McGuire, Ken Liu, Jamie Ford, Tananarive Due, Jonathan Maberry, Robin Wasserman, Nancy Kress, Charlie Jane Anders, Matthew Mather, Ben H. Winters, Scott Sigler, and many others.
- Introduction — John Joseph Adams
- The Balm and the Wound — Robin Wasserman
- Heaven is a Place on Planet X — Desirina Boskovich
- Break! Break! Break! — Charlie Jane Anders
- The Gods Will Not Be Chained — Ken Liu
- Wedding Day — Jake Kerr
- Removal Order — Tananarive Due
- System Reset — Tobias S. Buckell
- This Unkempt World is Falling to Pieces — Jamie Ford
- BRING HER TO ME — Ben H. Winters
- In the Air — Hugh Howey
- Goodnight Moon — Annie Bellet
- Dancing with Death in the Land of Nod — Will McIntosh
- Houses Without Air — Megan Arkenberg
- The Fifth Day of Deer Camp — Scott Sigler
- Enjoy the Moment — Jack McDevitt
- Pretty Soon the Four Horsemen are Going to Come Riding Through — Nancy Kress
- Spores — Seanan McGuire
- She’s Got a Ticket to Ride — Jonathan Maberry
- Agent Unknown — David Wellington
- Enlightenment — Matthew Mather
- Shooting the Apocalypse — Paolo Bacigalupi
- Love Perverts — Sarah Langan
John Joseph Adams is an American editor.