Shirley Jackson Award nominee 2014.
The Children of Old Leech: A Tribute to the Carnivorous Cosmos of Laird Barron.
Edited by Ross E. Lockhart and Justin Steele.
There are Things – terrifying Things – whispered of in darkened forests beyond the safe comfort of firelight: The Black Guide, the Broken Ouroboros, the Pageant, Belphegor, Old Leech...
These Things have always been here. They predate you. They will outlast you.
This book pays tribute to those Things.
For We are the Children of Old Leech... and we love you.
- Introduction: Of Whisky and Doppelgängers – Justin Steele
- The Harrow – Gemma Files
- Pale Apostle – Jesse Bullington and J. T. Glover
- Walpurgisnacht – Orrin Grey
- Learn to Kill – Michael Cisco
- Good Lord, Show Me the Way – Molly Tanzer
- Snake Wine – Jeffrey Thomas
- Love Songs from the Hydrogen Jukebox – T. E. Grau
- The Old Pageant – Richard Gavin
- Notes for “The Barn in the Wild” – Paul Tremblay
- Firedancing – Michael Griffin
- The Golden Stars at Night – Allyson Bird
- The Last Crossroads on a Calendar of Yesterdays – Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
- The Woman in the Wood – Daniel Mills
- Brushdogs – Stephen Graham Jones
- Ymir – John Langan
- Of a Thousand Cuts – Cody Goodfellow
- Tenebrionidae – Scott Nicolay and Jesse James Douthit-Nicolay
- Afterword – Ross E. Lockhart
Ross E. Lockhart is an author, anthologist, editor, and publisher. A lifelong fan of supernatural, fantastic, speculative, and weird fiction, Lockhart is a veteran of small-press publishing, having edited scores of well-regarded novels of horror, fantasy, and science fiction. Lockhart edited the anthologies The Book of Cthulhu I and II, Tales of Jack the Ripper, The Children of Old Leech: A Tribute to the Carnivorous Cosmos of Laird Barron (with Justin Steele), Giallo Fantastique, Cthulhu Fhtagn!, and Eternal Frankenstein. He is the author of Chick Bassist. Lockhart lives in a state of quantum flux in Petaluma, California, with his wife Jennifer, hundreds of books (currently residing in boxes), and Elinor Phantom, a Shih Tzu moonlighting as his editorial assistant.