Giallo FantastiqueRoss E. Lockhart
horror, anthology, thriller > crime fiction
Giallo Fantastique: Tales of Crime & Terror.
Edited by Ross E. Lockhart. Cover art by David Palumbo. Cover design by Scott R. Jones.
An anthology of original strange stories at the intersection of crime, terror, and supernatural fiction. Inspired by and drawing from the highly stylized cinematic thrillers of Argento, Bava, and Fulci; American noir and crime fiction; and the grim fantasies of Edgar Allan Poe, Guy de Maupassant, and Jean Ray, Giallo Fantastique seeks to unnerve readers through virtuoso storytelling and startlingly colorful imagery.
What’s your favorite shade of yellow?
- Introduction • Ross E. Lockhart
- Minerva • Michael Kazepis
- In the Flat Light • Adam Cesare
- Terror in the House of Broken Belles • Nikki Guerlain
- The Strange Vice of ZLA-313 • MP Johnson
- Sensoria • Anya Martin
- The Red Church • Orrin Grey
- Balch Creek • Cameron Pierce
- Hello, Handsome • Garrett Cook
- We Can Only Become Monsters • Ennis Drake
- The Threshold of Waking Light • E. Catherine Tobler
- The Communion of Saints • John Langan
- Exit Strategies • Brian Keene
Ross E. Lockhart is an author, anthologist, editor, and publisher. A lifelong fan of supernatural, fantastic, speculative, and weird fiction, Lockhart is a veteran of small-press publishing, having edited scores of well-regarded novels of horror, fantasy, and science fiction. Lockhart edited the anthologies The Book of Cthulhu I and II, Tales of Jack the Ripper, The Children of Old Leech: A Tribute to the Carnivorous Cosmos of Laird Barron (with Justin Steele), Giallo Fantastique, Cthulhu Fhtagn!, and Eternal Frankenstein. He is the author of Chick Bassist. Lockhart lives in a state of quantum flux in Petaluma, California, with his wife Jennifer, hundreds of books (currently residing in boxes), and Elinor Phantom, a Shih Tzu moonlighting as his editorial assistant.