Edited by Richard Thomas. Foreword by Chuck Wendig. Cover art by Daniele Serra. Interior illustrations by Luke Spooner.
Exigencies is an anthology of 23 original neo-noir stories by emerging authors that blend literary fiction, fantasy, horror, and crime in order to explore an exigency, a tipping point. The writing is a hybrid of page-turning genre-writing and transgressive fiction and show-cases some of the best new writers of Neo-Noir.
Letitia Trent, Joshua Blair, Rebecca Jones-Howe, Kevin Catalano, Heather Foster, Usman T. Malik, Jason Metz, Nathan Beauchamp, Adam Peterson, Damien Angelica Walters, Brendan Detzner, Faith Gardner, Alex Kane, Sarah Read, W. P. Johnson, Barbara Duffey, David James Keaton, Marytza Rubio, Kenneth Cain, Amanda Gowin, Mark Jaskowski, and Axel Taiari.
- Wilderness by Letitia Trent
- Monster Season by Joshua Blair
- Cat Calls by Rebecca Jones-Howe
- Ceremony of the White Dog by Kevin Catalano
- The Armadillo by Heather Foster
- The Manuscript by Usman T. Malik
- Single Lens Reflection by Jason Metz
- The Mother by Nathan Beauchamp
- Everything in Its Place by Adam Peterson
- When We Taste of Death by Damien Angelica Walters
- Figure Eight by Brendan Detzner
- My Mother’s Condition by Faith Gardner
- Fragile Magic by Alex Kane
- The Eye Liars by Sarah Read
- Searching for Gloria by W. P. Johnson
- And All Night Long We Have Not Stirred by Barbara Duffey
- Dull Boy by David James Keaton
- Brujeria for Beginners by Marytza Rubio
- Heirloom by Kenneth Cain
- The Owl and the Cigarette by Amanda Gowin
- Desert Ghosts by Mark Jaskowski
- Blood Price by Axel Taiari
Richard Thomas (born 1967) is an American author. His focus is on neo-noir fiction, typically touching on the darker aspects of life, including elements of violence, mental instability, breaks in reality, and tragedies. His work is rich in setting and sensory details, and often has a sexual element to it. It has also been called transgressive and grotesque.