Cthulhu Fhtagn!Ross E. Lockhart
horror > weird fiction, anthology
Edited by Ross E. Lockhart.
In his house at R’lyeh, Cthulhu waits dreaming...
What are the dreams that monsters dream? When will the stars grow right? Where are the sunken temples in which the dreamers dwell? How will it all change when they come home?
Within these pages lie the answers, and more, in all-new stories by many of the brightest lights in dark fiction. Gathered together by Ross E. Lockhart, the editor who brought you The Book of Cthulhu, The Children of Old Leech, and Giallo Fantastique, Cthulhu Fhtagn! features nineteen weird tales inspired by H. P. Lovecraft.
- Introduction: In His House at R’lyeh... – Ross E. Lockhart
- The Lightning Splitter – Walter Greatshell
- Dead Canyons – Ann K. Schwader
- Delirium Sings at the Maelstrom Window – Michael Griffin
- Into Ye Smoke-Wreath’d World of Dream – W. H. Pugmire
- The Lurker In the Shadows – Nathan Carson
- The Insectivore – Orrin Grey
- The Body Shop – Richard Lee Byers
- On a Kansas Plain – Michael J. Martinez
- The Prince of Lyghes – Anya Martin
- The Curious Death of Sir Arthur Turnbridge – G. D. Falksen
- Aerkheim’s Horror – Christine Morgan
- Return of the Prodigy – T.E. Grau
- The Curse of the Old Ones – Molly Tanzer and Jesse Bullington
- Love Will Save You – Cameron Pierce
- Assemblage Point – Scott R. Jones
- The Return of Sarnath – Gord Sellar
- The Long Dark – Wendy N. Wagner
- Green Revolution – Cody Goodfellow
- Don’t Make Me Assume My Ultimate Form – Laird Barron
Ross E. Lockhart is an author, anthologist, editor, and publisher. A lifelong fan of supernatural, fantastic, speculative, and weird fiction, Lockhart is a veteran of small-press publishing, having edited scores of well-regarded novels of horror, fantasy, and science fiction. Lockhart edited the anthologies The Book of Cthulhu I and II, Tales of Jack the Ripper, The Children of Old Leech: A Tribute to the Carnivorous Cosmos of Laird Barron (with Justin Steele), Giallo Fantastique, Cthulhu Fhtagn!, and Eternal Frankenstein. He is the author of Chick Bassist. Lockhart lives in a state of quantum flux in Petaluma, California, with his wife Jennifer, hundreds of books (currently residing in boxes), and Elinor Phantom, a Shih Tzu moonlighting as his editorial assistant.