Taniel Two-Shot is a powder mage with the Tristan Ghost Irregulars, a band of volunteers who have made a name for themselves fighting in the Fatrastan Revolution. They range through the swamps of the frontier, cutting off enemy supplies and raiding towns while Taniel hunts the Privileged sorcerers that make the Kez armies so powerful.
When a desperate call for help comes from the nearby city of Planth, the Irregulars aren't the only ones to answer and Taniel must deal with another hero of the revolution: Mad Colonel Styke. But not all is well within the young Fatrastan government, and more hangs on the defense of Planth than Taniel and his companions could possibly know.
Brian McClellan is an avid reader of fantasy and graduate of Orson Scott Card's Literary Bookcamp. When he is not writing, he loves baking, making jam from fruit grown in northeast OH, and playing video games. He currently lives in Cleveland, Ohio with his wife.
The Powder Mage (short fiction) :: Series
- Forsworn: Occurs about thirty-five years before Promise of Blood.
- Servant of the Crown: Takes place immediately after the events in Forsworn but before the epilogue.
- Murder at the Kinnen Hotel: occurs twenty-two years before the events in Promise of Blood.
- Hope's End: About nineteen years before Promise of Blood.
- The Girl of Hrusch Avenue: Ten years before Promise of Blood.
- The Face in the Window: About two years before Promise of Blood.
- Return to Honor: Between Promise of Blood and The Crimson Campaign.
Belongs to the series The Powder Mage Universe