The thirteenth novel in the magical alternate history Elemental Masters series continues the reimagined adventures of Sherlock Holmes in a richly-detailed alternate Victorian England.
The threat of Moriarty is gone — but so is Sherlock Holmes.
Even as they mourn the loss of their colleague, psychic Nan Killian, medium Sarah Lyon-White, and Elemental Masters John and Mary Watson must be vigilant, for members of Moriarty’s network are still at large. And their troubles are far from over: in a matter of weeks, two headless bodies of young brides wash up in major waterways. A couple who fears for their own recently-wedded daughter hires the group to investigate, but with each new body, the mystery only deepens.
The more bodies emerge, the more the gang suspects that there is dangerous magic at work, and that Moriarty’s associates are somehow involved. But as they race against the clock to uncover the killer, it will take all their talents, Magic, and Psychic Powers — and perhaps some help from a dearly departed friend — to bring the murderer to justice.
Mercedes Ritchie Lackey (born 1950) is an American writer of fantasy novels. Many of her novels and trilogies are interlinked and set in the world of Velgarth, mostly in and around the country of Valdemar. Her Valdemar novels form a complex tapestry of interaction between human and non-human protagonists with many different cultures and social mores.
Her other main world is one much like our own, but it includes clandestine populations of elves, mages, vampires, and other mythical beings. The Bedlam's Bard books describe a young man with the power to work magic through music; the SERRAted Edge books are about racecar driving elves; and the Diana Tregarde thrillers center on a Wiccan who combats evil.
She has also
Elemental Masters :: Series
A fantasy series taking place on an alternate earth where magic exists. The series largely focuses on Elemental Masters, people who have magical control over air, water, fire, or earth. Each book in the series is loosely based on a fairy tale.
o. The Fire Rose, based on Beauty and the Beast
1. The Serpent's Shadow, based on Snow White
2. The Gates of Sleep, based on Sleeping Beauty
3. Phoenix And Ashes, based on Cinderella
4. The Wizard of London, based on The Snow Queen
5. Reserved for the Cat, based on Puss in Boots
6. Unnatural Issue, based on Donkeyskin or similar tale
7. Home From the Sea, based on East of the Sun and West of the Moon, Tam Lin, and The Great Silkie of Sule Skerry
8. Steadfast, based on the Steadfast Tin Soldier
9. Blood Red, based on Red Riding Hood
10. From a High Tower, based on Rapunzel
11. A Study in Sable, featuring Sherlock Holmes
12. A Scandal in Battersea
13. The Bartered Brides