From Other WorldsAugust Derleth
science fiction, anthology
An anthology of Science Fiction stories edited by American writer August Derleth.
- The Man from Outside by Jack Williamson
- Breeds There a Man...?, by Isaac Asimov
- Meteor by John Beynon
- And the Walls Came Tumbling Down by John Wyndham
- Blinding Shadows by Donald Wandrei
- The Metamorphosis of Earth by Clark Ashton Smith
- The Ambassadors from Venus by Kendell F. Crossen
August William Derleth (1909–1971) was an American writer and anthologist. Though best remembered as the first publisher of the writings of H. P. Lovecraft, and for his own contributions to the Cthulhu Mythos genre of horror, Derleth was a prolific writer in several genres, including regional writings, historical fiction, poetry, detective fiction,science fiction, and biography.
August Derleth, a Guggenheim Fellow in 1938, considered his most serious work to be his ambitious Sac Prairie Saga, a series of fiction, historical fiction, poetry, and non-fiction naturalist works designed to memorialize life in the Wisconsin he knew. Derleth was a pioneering naturalist and conservationist in his writing.
August Derleth. Wikipedia.