Shadows & Tall Trees: Issue 5 (Summer 2013).
Edited by Michael Kelly.
“Shadows and Tall Trees is a smart, soulful, illuminating investigation of the many forms and tactics available to those writers involved in one of our moment’s most interesting and necessary projects, that of opening up horror literature to every sort of formal interrogation. It is a beautiful and courageous journal.” - Peter Straub
- Editor's Note by Michael Kelly
- New Wave by Gary Fry
- Casting Ammonites by Claire Massey
- A Cavern of Redbrick by Richard Gavin
- Laudate Dominum (for Many Voices) by D. P. Watt
- Moonstruck by Karin Tidbeck
- Whispers in the Mist by Ray Cluley
- A Woman's Place by V. H. Leslie
- The Other Boy by Daniel Mills
- Widdershins by Lynda E. Rucker
Michael Kelly is the author of Undertow and Other Laments, and Scratching the Surface; as well as co-author of the novel Ouroboros. His has also edited the book Chilling Tales.
His short fiction has recently appeared in a number of journals and anthologies, including All Hallows, Best New Horror, Dark Arts, the Hint Fiction Anthology, PostScripts, Space & Time, Supernatural Tales, and Tesseracts 13.
Michael is a Shirley Jackson Award and British Fantasy Award Nominee.