Shadows & Tall Trees: Issue 6 (2014).
Edited by Michael Kelly.
Finalist for the World Fantasy Award.
Finalist for the Shirley Jackson Award.
“A beautiful and courageous volume.” - Peter Straub
Finalist for the World Fantasy Award and the Shirley Jackson Award, volume 6 of the acclaimed anthology series continues to showcase the best new contemporary strange and weird fiction.
- To Assume the Writer's Crown: Notes on the Craft by Eric Schaller
- Onanon by Michael Wehunt
- It Flows from the Mouth by Robert Shearman
- Hidden in the Alphabet by Charles Wilkinson
- Death's Door Café by Kaaron Warren
- The Golem of Leopoldstadt by Tara Isabella Burton
- Road Dead by F. Brett Cox
- The Quiet Room by V. H. Leslie
- Night Porter by R. B. Russell
- The Statue by Myriam Frey
- Shaddertown by Conrad Williams
- The Vault of the Sky, the Face of the Deep by Robert Levy
- Apple Pie and Sulphur by Christopher Harman
- Summerside by Alison Moore
- The Space Between by Ray Cluley and Ralph Robert Moore
- Vrangr by C. M. Muller
- Writings Found in Red Notebook by David Surface
Michael Kelly is the author of Undertow and Other Laments, and Scratching the Surface; as well as co-author of the novel Ouroboros. His has also edited the book Chilling Tales.
His short fiction has recently appeared in a number of journals and anthologies, including All Hallows, Best New Horror, Dark Arts, the Hint Fiction Anthology, PostScripts, Space & Time, Supernatural Tales, and Tesseracts 13.
Michael is a Shirley Jackson Award and British Fantasy Award Nominee.