Perchance to Dream and Other StoriesMichael A. Stackpole
science fiction, fantasy, short stories
Perchance to Dream is a collection of short stories by Michael A. Stackpole. Each story has it own little introduction. The stories feature the best of Mike's work from anthologies that are long since out of print. Action, adventure, humor, drama, and even a poem or two.
- Perchance to Dream – Never published before and set in the world of the DragonCrown War, this is the story of Princess Alexia's Dream Raid.
- The Krells of Tancras Moor – A tale of honor and revenge, with werewolves on lonely moors and sorcerers dueling with magic.
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart – A humorous, cyberpunkish story about illegal trafficking in chocolate.
- Tip-off – A darker cyberpunk story about gambling, racism and martial arts.
- Absolutely Charming – A fun little story about a writer compelling a publisher to take his novel.
- The Parker Panic – A weird Western tale full of magic, written for the Deadlands™ game system. Sorcery and Six-guns.
- Wind Tiger – A fantasy tale featuring Marek and Rais, thieves from the Tunnels & Trolls™ city of Gull.
- Blood Duty – A short, dark story of obligations in Feudal Japan.
- When You're Dead... – A ghost story with an odd twist or two.
- It's the Thought That Counts – Being a psychic detective isn't all it might seem.
- Asgard Unlimited – All the old gods are back and armed with modern technology. Reorganized religion gets very odd.
- Shepherd – A story set in the Talion™ universe, featuring Nolan, the hero of Talion: Revenant.
- The Final Gift – An odd Christmas/Easter story; an atypical Fourth Wise Man tale.
- Kid Binary and the Two-bit Gang – A story of banditry on the information super-highway.
- The Greenhorn – A Cowboy poem.
- Peer Review – A Revenant™ tale - featuring the superhero so recently found in the pages of Aaron Williams' PS238.