Realms of War
Edited by Philip Athans.
War stories from the battlefields of Faerûn!
The millennia-old history of Faerûn is punctuated by wars both local and world-spanning. This anthology of all new stories are set against the backdrop of a dozen of those conflicts. From forest elf assassins to jungle-dwelling halflings, from the mighty Seven Sisters to primitive goblins, warriors in every form struggle for their place in the Forgotten Realms world.
Realms of War is an anthology of all new war stories from The New York Times best-selling authors R.A. Salvatore, Paul S. Kemp, Elaine Cunningham, and Lisa Smedman; Forgotten Realms creator Ed Greenwood; fan favorites Richard Lee Byers, Mel Odom, Bruce R. Cordell, and Jess Lebow; and talented newcomers Mark Sehestedt, Jaleigh Johnson, and Susan Morris.
- Continuum by Paul S. Kemp
- Weasel's Run by Lisa Smedman
- The Last Paladin of Ilmater by Susan J. Morris
- Black Arrow by Bruce R. Cordell
- Too Many Princes by Ed Greenwood
- The Siege of Zerith Hold by Jess Lebow
- Mercy's Reward by Mark Sehestedt
- Redemption by Elaine Cunningham
- Changing Tides by Mel Odom
- Chase the Dark by Jaleigh Johnson
- Bones and Stones by R. A. Salvatore
- Second Chance by Richard Lee Byers
Philip Athans (born 1964) was raised in Chicago. He graduated from film school in 1985 and started small circulation literary magazine called Alternative Fiction & Poetry.
In 1997, Athans became Managing Editor for Wizards of the Coast Book Publishing, where he has spent most of his time as the Forgotten Realms novel line editor. There he has edited dozens of anthologies and novels, and continues to write his own. His most recent works are the three novels in the Watercourse Trilogy.
Philip Athans. Wikipedia.
The Twilight War consists of three primary works, and includes one additional book that complement the series but is not considered mandatory reads. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.
Main series Forgotten Realms