The Best of the Realms
Edited by R. A. Salvatore.
A Forgotten Realms anthology featuring a new story by R. A. Salvatore. This is the first anthology produced by Wizards of the Coast, Inc., in which fans actually participated in the selection of the contents. Fans chose their favorite Forgotten Realms titles from past anthologies via an online poll. These stories were then included in this new release, which also features an all-new story by New York Times best-selling author R. A. Salvatore.
- Rite of Blood by Elaine Cunningham
- Elminster at the Magefair by Ed Greenwood
- Darksword by Troy Denning
- Blood Sport by Christie Golden
- Six of Swords by William W. Connors
- The Rose Window by Monte Cook
- The First Moonwell by Douglas Niles
- The Greatest Hero Who Ever Died by J. Robert King
- Tertius and the Artifact by Jeff Grubb
- Red Ambition by Jean Rabe
- The Common Spell by Kate Novak-Grubb
- Assassin's Shadow by Jess Lebow
- And the Dark Tide Rises by Keith Francis Strohm
- Empty Joys by R. A. Salvatore
Robert Anthony Salvatore (born 1959), who writes under the name R. A. Salvatore, is an American author best known for The DemonWars Saga, his Forgotten Realms novels, in which he created the popular character Drizzt Do'Urden, and Vector Prime, the first novel in the Star Wars: The New Jedi Order series. With over 20 million books sold worldwide, more than four dozen book and numerous game credits Salvatore has become one of the most important figures in modern epic fantasy.
The Best of the Realms consists of three works. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.
Main series Forgotten Realms