The Mammoth Book of Terror
Edited by Stephen Jones.
This startling, high-octane collection includes short novels by Clive Barker and Karl Edward Wagner, and stories by such luminaries of fear as Lisa Tuttle, David J. Schow, Ramsey Campbell, Brian Lumley, Dennis Etchison, and others.
- Introduction: Talking Terror by Stephen Jones
- The Last Illusion by Clive Barker
- Bunny Didn't Tell Us by David J. Schow
- Murgunstrumm by Hugh B. Cave
- The Late Shift by Dennis Etchison
- The Horse Lord by Lisa Tuttle
- The Jumpity-Jim by R. Chetwynd-Hayes
- Out of Copyright by Ramsey Campbell
- The River of Night's Dreaming by Karl Edward Wagner
- Amber Print by Basil Copper
- The House of the Temple by Brian Lumley
- The Yougoslaves by Robert Bloch
- Firstborn by David Campton
- The Black Drama by Manly Wade Wellman
- Crystal by Charles L. Grant
- Buckets by F. Paul Wilson
- The Satyr's Head by David A. Riley
- Junk by Stephen Laws
- Pig's Dinner by Graham Masterton
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.