Dark Terrors 2
International Horror Guild Award nominee 1996, British Fantasy Award nominee 1997, World Fantasy Award nominee 1997.
Edited by Stephen Jones and David Sutton.
A showcase anthology of the very best in horror and dark fantasy writing by modern masters of the macabre. Here is a hair-raising collection comprising some of the very finest in horror and dark fantasy. Drawing from both sides of the Atlantic, each volume features the work of some of the genres' biggest-selling names as well as their rising stars. Dark Terrors 2 features stories from, among others, Clive Barker, Peter Straub, Thomas Tessier, Nicholas Royle, Dennis Etchison, and James Miller. These two anthologies will take you to the furthest reaches of your imagination... and beyond!
- About The Editors
- Introduction by Stephen Jones and David Sutton
- The Comfort of Strangers by Nicholas Royle
- A Really Game Boy by Brian Lumley
- Something for Free by Conrad Williams
- (Melodrama) by David J. Schow
- Absolute Zero by James Miller
- Negative Equity by Paul J. McAuley
- To This Water (Johnstown, Pennsylvania 1889) by Caitlín R. Kiernan
- Out of the Woods by Ramsey Campbell
- The Rains by Steve Rasnic Tem
- Underbed by Graham Masterton
- Animal Life by Clive Barker
- Lily's Whisper by Jay Russell
- Hell Hath Enlarged Herself by Michael Marshall Smith
- Ghost Music: A Memoir by George Beaune by Thomas Tessier
- The Dead Cop by Dennis Etchison
- Where the Bodies Are Buried 2020 by Kim Newman
- The Museum on Cyclops Avenue by Harlan Ellison
- Hunger, an Introduction by Peter Straub
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.
Dark Terrors consists of six books. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.