Dark Terrors 3
British Fantasy Award winner 1998, World Fantasy Award nominee 1998.
Edited by Stephen Jones and David Sutton.
The award-winning team of Jones and Sutton once again push the boundaries of fear in this new collection of horror and dark fantasy. Drawing from both sides of the Atlantic, Dark Terrors 3 features stories by some of the genres' biggest names as well as their rising stars, including Ray Bradbury, Poppy Z. Brite, Pat Cadigan, Ramsey Campbell, Christopher Fowler, Neil Gaiman, Julian Rathbone, Mark Timlin, and Michael Marshall Smith. An anthology that will take you to the furthest reaches of your imagination – and beyond.
- About the Editors
- Introduction by Stephen Jones and David Sutton
- Free Dirt by Ray Bradbury
- Self-Made Man by Poppy Z. Brite
- The Price by Neil Gaiman
- Such a Nice Girl by Storm Constantine
- Pieces by Ray Garton
- Aunt Libby's Grave by Melanie Tem
- The Horror Under Warrendown by Ramsey Campbell
- Skinned Angels by Kathryn Ptacek
- The Windmill by Conrad Williams
- Sharp Edges by Steve Rasnic Tem
- This Is Your Life (Repressed Memory Remix) by Pat Cadigan
- Little Holocausts by Brian Hodge
- Fat Mary by Julian Rathbone
- The Last Reel by Dennis Etchison
- Everybody Needs Somebody to Love by Mark Timlin
- Sous Rature by Jay Russell
- Spanky's Back in Town by Christopher Fowler
- Estate by Caitlín R. Kiernan
- Walking Wounded by Michael Marshall Smith
- The Lost Boy Found by Terry Lamsley
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.
Dark Terrors consists of six books. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.