Dark Terrors 4
British Fantasy Award winner 1999, International Horror Guild Award winner 1998, World Fantasy Award nominee 1999.
Edited by Stephen Jones and David Sutton.
- About the Editors
- Introduction by Stephen Jones and David Sutton
- The Great Fall by Richard Christian Matheson
- Normal Life by Christopher Fowler
- The Wedding Present by Neil Gaiman
- Never to Be Heard by Ramsey Campbell
- Tumbleweeds by Donald R. Burleson
- Family History by Stephen Baxter
- The Incredible True Facts in the Case by David J. Schow
- Mr Guidry's Head by Roberta Lannes
- Inside the Cackle Factory by Dennis Etchison
- Entertaining Mr. Orton by Poppy Z. Brite
- The Country of Glass by Joel Lane
- My Pathology by Lisa Tuttle
- Curing Hitler by Thomas Tessier
- Weak End by James Miller
- Sullivan's Travails by Jay Russell
- The Suicide Pit by Conrad Williams
- Making Monsters by Geoff Nicholson
- A Place to Stay by Michael Marshall Smith
- Suburban Blight by Terry Lamsley
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.
Dark Terrors consists of six books. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.