Dark Voices 2
World Fantasy Award nominee 1991.
Edited by Stephen Jones and David Sutton.
- Behind the Wheel by Brian Stableford
- Gino's Bar and Grille by Tony J. Forder
- The Pleasure of Her Company by Thomas F. Monteleone
- The Invocation by Ramsey Campbell
- Choose! by Norman P. Kaufman
- Duty by Roy Clifford
- Moths by John Brunner
- The Baby by Guy N. Smith
- The Man Who Drew Cats by Michael Marshall Smith
- Face to Face by Adrian Cole
- Southbound Interruption by Conrad Hill
- The Vulture by Marcus Gold
- The Halloween Man by William F. Nolan
- Alive in Venice by Cherry Wilder
- The Sun, the Sea and the Silent Scream by Brian Lumley
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.
Dark Voices consists of six books. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.