Dark Voices 3
Edited by Stephen Jones and David Sutton.
- A Real Downer by Bob Shaw
- The Academy of Pain by Basil Copper
- Amy by Richard Easter
- The Pattern by Ramsey Campbell
- The Company by Mark Morris
- Puss by Lene Kaaberbøl
- The Picnickers by Brian Lumley
- Christmas with Jeremy by Melanie Tem
- He Who Laughs by Stephen Laws
- Nasty Little Habits by Robert Hood
- Vision in a T-Bird by Charles Wagner
- 5a Bedford Row by Graham Masterton
- Impermanent Mercies by Kathe Koja
- Not from Around Here by David J. Schow
- Contributor's Notes by David Sutton and Stephen Jones
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.
Dark Voices consists of six books. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.