Dark Voices 5
British Fantasy Award winner 1994.
Edited by Stephen Jones and David Sutton.
For 34 years the Pan Book of Horror has turned the blood in your veins to red ice. In this latest terrifying collection, horror's menacing masters and tomorrow's top names gather together to take you to the furthest reaches of Fear... Cravings... Killers... Cannibalism... Ghosts... Zombies... Arachnids... Parasites... Insanity... Necrophilia... Video Nasties... In Dark Voices 5 the reign of terror continues.
- Having His Leg Pulled by Robert Holdstock
- Back Row by Brian Lumley
- Precious by Roberta Lannes
- The Editor by Nicholas Royle
- The Ventriloquial Art by Graham Joyce
- Phantom by Melanie Tem
- How She Dances by Chaz Brenchley (as by Daniel Fox)
- The Dog Park by Dennis Etchison
- Gerassimos Flamotas: A Day in the Life by Simon Clark
- Arrangement for Invisible Voices by Kathe Koja
- The Lady of Dubhán Alla by Brian Mooney
- Loser by Les Daniels
- Life Partner by David J. Schow
- Sustenance by Kim Antieau
- Stone Dead by Jean-Daniel Breque
- La Siesta del Muerte by Jeff VanderMeer
- The Disobedience of Mary Thompson by Peter Valentine Timlett
- More Bitter Than Death by Michael Marshall Smith
- Where the Bodies Are Buried by Kim Newman
- Red-Bellied Ghosts by Myrna Elana
- Contributors' Notes
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.
Dark Voices consists of six books. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.