Summer Chills: Strangers in Stranger Lands.
International Horror Guild Award nominee 2007.
Edited by Stephen Jones.
Dearest Reader... For these unwary travellers, the trip of a lifetime turns into a one-way voyage into their darkest nightmares as they discover that they are strangers in even stranger lands. Writers such as Brian Lumley, Ramsey Campbell, Dennis Etchison, Kim Newman, Christopher Fowler, Glen Hirshberg, Harlan Ellison and many others will take you to foreign lands and exotic cities, from Venice to Moscow, Egypt to the Galápagos, where terror and the unknown exist down every secluded alley or around the next turn. As you sit back and enjoy a long plane or train journey to your vacation destination, or while relaxing on the beach and around the pool, that sudden chill you feel may just be a could across the sun — or something far more terrifying...
- INTRODUCTION : HOLIDAYS IN HELL by Stephen Jones
- SEEING THE WORLD by Ramsey Campbell
- THE THREADS by Christopher Fowler
- LITTLE DEDO by Nancy Holder
- THE DARK COUNTRY by Dennis Etchison
- THE ANGUISH OF DEPARTURE by Roberta Lannes
- THE CAVE by Basil Copper
- SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST by Scott Edelman
- THE LANDLOCK by Elizabeth Massie
- RICHARD RIDDLE, BOY DETECTIVE, IN "THE CASE OF THE FRENCH SPY" by Kim Newman
- IN THE PINES by Karl Edward Wagner
- A GENTLEMAN FROM MEXICO by Mark Samuels
- THE CITY OF LOVE by Joel Lane
- THE CHARNEL HOUSE by D. Lynn Smith
- MILLWELL by Glen Hirshberg
- THE BOHEMIAN OF THE ARBAT by Sarah Pinborough
- NOT OUR BROTHER by Robert Silverberg
- THE SUN, THE SEA AND THE SILENT SCREAM by Brian Lumley
- BEING RIGHT by Michael Marshall Smith
- IN THE HILLS, THE CITIES by Clive Barker
- INCOGNITA, INC. by Harlan Ellison
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.